Videos allow you to be concise and capture viewers’ interest in the first few seconds. Social media success lies in your ability to condense information down into easily digestible snippets of content that is long enough to maintain viewers’ attention but short enough to leave them wanting more.
Here is the procedure to create a video:
- Click on the box containing your profile picture and the text “what’s going on?”. This action will pop an upload window with multiple options including the publish icon and an exit icon at the top left-hand side of your browser.
- Click on the video icon at the bottom of your screen, this action will open your file manager, this may look different on other devices but the goal here is to help you locate the video file. Navigate to your video file and click on open, select, or ok depending on your device. This action will load the video to your page.
- Verify if the video file is the one you intended to upload otherwise perform step two again.
- You can change the privacy settings of this post by selecting who you want to see your post. Select from the following;
a. Only me: This means no one except you will be able to see your post.
b. Everyone: This means everyone on ConnectYu will see your post.
c. People I follow: This means only people I follow will be able to see my post.
e. People following me: This means only the people who are following me will be able to see my post.
- Click on the custom thumbnail to choose and upload a customized thumbnail for your video from your device, a thumbnail is an image that vividly describes your video, for example, the thumbnail for a movie could be the poster of that movie. If you don’t have a thumbnail you can skip this step.
- In the top section of the upload page, write a compelling description of your video or include your major hashtag or mention someone whom you want to notify of your video. Note that when you mention anyone, they will receive a notification, which is a good way of letting them know about your post
- Finally, click on the publish button and wait for the video to upload and be published.
- 8) Promote your posts by sharing to your groups and pages on ConnectYu and also to other social platforms, for example; Whatsapp, Facebook, etc.